The village of Islesford is located on Little Cranberry Island, the smaller of the two year-round islands in the five-island town of Cranberry Isles. Smaller in acreage than Great Cranberry, Little Cranberry is home to the largest year-round population. Islesford is a successful and vibrant year-round lobstering community with an equally vibrant seasonal community. While boatbuilding predominates on Great Cranberry, the Cranberry Isles lobster fishery is predominantly located on Little Cranberry at the Islesford Fisherman’s Cooperative. Islesford is home to the Town Office and also has a store, post office, library, Neighborhood House, school, a restaurant, seasonal gift shops and galleries, a Congregational church, and a Catholic chapel.
- Year-round population, 2010 U.S. Census: 94
- Summer population estimate: 600
- Acres: 1,000
- Mainland ferry terminal: Northeast Harbor & Southwest Harbor/Manset
- School: K–5, one-room schoolhouse; grades 6-12 commute daily to Mount Desert Island H.S.
- Form of town government: Part of the town of Cranberry Isles