At the Island Institute, we work alongside Maine’s island and coastal leaders to catalyze community sustainability. Our commitment to the islands of Maine includes sharing what works among these diverse locations, so that other island and coastal communities can meet the unique challenges they face.
This work wouldn’t be possible without a talented staff that brings a wide range of experience, skills, and passion to everything we do. If you are interested in working with us, please continue to check this site or the Maine Association of Nonprofits Job Board—we post open positions as they become available across all of our project areas.
Please refer to each job description for application guidelines, and contact Karen Burns, Chief Talent Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any additional questions.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
There are currently no positions open at the Island Institute.
New positions will be shared as they become available, so please continue to check back.
The Island Institute’s summer internship program matches organizational needs with qualified interns for both paid and unpaid work experiences that provide opportunities for college students to learn more about careers in areas such as education, sustainable energy, climate change, community and economic development, publications and media, data management, philanthropy, and more.
BENEFITS TO STUDENTS INCLUDE:
- Gaining valuable learning and career experience under the guidance of an Island Institute advisor
- Developing skills to match classroom-based theoretical learning
- Making connections that can lead to future career and academic opportunities
- Strengthening their résumés with experiences relevant to their career interests
- Assessing their interests and abilities and make more informed decisions about their next steps
If you have any questions prior to applying, please reach out to Nancy McLeod Carter at email@example.com
Please keep an eye on this site next spring for future opportunities.