The Working Waterfront is a nonprofit program of the Island Institute, and has been published for more than 20 years.
We have the third-largest distribution in the state, with an average of 55,000 readers per month along Maine’s coast and islands. The Working Waterfront is circulated and read in Maine’s most lively and affluent regions and is mailed to Island Institute members, donors and sponsors.
WHY advertise in the working waterfront?
We offer one of the best advertising values:
- Print ads priced lower than traditional newspapers
- Frequency discounts offered to extend your budget
- Basic ad creation at no extra cost
- Upgrade to color advertising at a lower than average cost
- On newsstands for a month, maximizing your marketing reach
For more information, or to submit ad materials, contact:
“On any given day, I sell my furniture to hardworking fishermen, and on the next, summer residents will buy the same piece––The Working Waterfront’s readership is diverse. I know they both saw my ad in The Working Waterfront newspaper, because I ask everyone that comes into my store how they found us.” – Jack Stone, Island Teak Company
SIZES AND RATES:
|TYPE||DIMENSIONS||B&W MONTHY RATES||4-COLOR MONTHLY RATES|
|Business Card||H= 3.5”x2||$75||—|
|Quarter Page||H= 10”x3.5” V=4.9”x7.35”||$342||$410|
|Back Full Page||10”x14.65”||—||$1,428|
RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT WITH A 6-MONTH (OR MORE) CONTRACT
2021 AD DEADLINES:
- February/March 2021 (double issue): Due January 11
- April 2021: Due March 1
- May 2021: Due April 5
- June 2021: Due May 3
- July 2021: Due June 7
- August 2021: Due July 5
- September 2021: Due August 2
- October 2021: Due September 6
- November 2021: Due October 4
- December 2021/January 2022 (double issue): Due November 8
WEB AND EMAIL ADVERTISING:
We send an “E-Weekly” email with news highlights every Wednesday to more than 8,000 subscribers. Cost to advertise with a horizontal banner is $60/week or $190/month.
“The Working Waterfront’s E-Weekly Newsletter Sponsorship appears to be very well read, in that we received responses from all over New England. While most responses were immediate, I received inquiries weeks after it initially was sent out––a great advertising value!”
– Rob Hopkins, Squirrel Island Manager