The Island Institute is teaming up with the Maine Island Trail Association (MITA) and the Maine Coast Fishermen’s Association to bring you The Long Coast, a new documentary by Wicked Delicate Films about the people who make their living on the water in Maine and whose lives are inextricably connected to the ocean. The film shows the beauty, intimacy, and uncertainty facing our coast, and how these individuals are working to adapt to the changes they’re seeing.
Register for “A Short Conversation on The Long Coast” on Tuesday, April 13th, at 7:00 p.m. You’ll receive a link to watch the film prior to the event and instructions to join us for a lively virtual discussion about the film, the fishing industry, and the future of seafood in Maine.
- Natalie Springuel, Marine Extension Associate, Maine Sea Grant
- Ian Cheney, Director, The Long Coast
- Susie Arnold, Marine Scientist, Island Institute
- Brian Marcaurelle, Program Director, Maine Island Trail Association
- Ben Martens, Executive Director, Maine Coast Fishermen’s Association
- Krista Tripp, Lobsterwoman, Elver Fisherwoman, and Owner of Aphrodite Oysters