The income gap is widening at an alarming rate, and nothing short of revolution is likely to turn the tide. At the same time, the nation’s digital access gap, though equally distressing, is a source of hope. Technology provides the means to level the playing field. Being offline today means missing out, not just on education but on government services, personal connections, healthcare, broadband, remote work opportunities, and so much more.
This session during the 2021 Maine Virtual Digital Government Summit focuses on digital inclusion and accessibility: where we stand today, where we need to be and how to ramp up our progress.
- Fred Brittain, Chief Information Officer, State of Maine
- Nick Battista, Senior Policy Officer, Island Institute
- John Brandt, Training Coordinator, Maine CITE Program
- Susan Corbett, Founder & Executive Director, National Digital Equity Center
- Tim Schneider, Chair, Maine Connectivity Authority