Why advertise in The Working Waterfront?
The Working Waterfront is a nonprofit program of the Island Institute, and has been published for more than 20 years.
We have the third-largest distribution in the state, with an average of 55,000 readers per month along Maine's coast and islands. The Working Waterfront is circulated and read in Maine's most lively and affluent regions, and is mailed to Island Institute members, donors and sponsors.
We offer one of the best advertising values:
- Print ads priced lower than traditional newspapers
- Frequency discounts offered to extend your budget
- Basic ad creation at no extra cost
- Upgrade to color advertising at a lower than average cost
- On newsstands for a month, maximizing your marketing reach
"On any given day, I sell my furniture to hardworking fishermen, and on the next, summer residents will buy the same piece –– The Working Waterfront's readership is diverse. I know they both saw my ad in The Working Waterfront newspaper because I ask everyone that comes into my store how they found us.” – Jack Stone, Island Teak Company
Sizes and rates:
|TYPE||DIMENSIONS||B&W MONTHY RATES||4-COLOR MONTHLY RATES|
|Business Card||H= 3.5”x2 V=2”x3.5”||$75||--|
|Quarter Page||H= 10”x3.5” V=4.9”x7.35”||$342||$410|
|Back Full Page||10”x14.65”||--||$1,428|
Receive a 10% discount with a 6-month (or more) contract
2018 Ad Deadlines:
- February/March 2018 (double issue): Due January 16
- April 2018: Due March 6
- May 2018: Due April 3
- June 2018: Due May 8
- July 2018: Due June 5
- August 2018: Due July 3
- September 2018: Due August 7
- October 2018: Due September 11
- November 2018: Due October 9
- December 2018/January 2019 (double issue): Due November 6
Web and email advertising:
We send an "E-Weekly" email with news highlights every Wednesday to more than 6,000 subscribers. Cost to advertise with a horizontal banner is $60/week or $190/month.
"The Working Waterfront’s E-Weekly Newsletter Sponsorship appears to be very well read, in that we received responses from all over New England. While most responses were immediate, I received inquiries weeks after it initially was sent out –– a great advertising value!"
– Rob Hopkins, Squirrel Island Manager
The Working Waterfront website receives more than 12,000 unique visitors each month. A variety of sizes and locations are available for advertisements. Pricing examples:
- Leaderboard, run of site, 1 month, 728px wide x 90px tall – $300
- Leaderboard, run of site, 6 months, 728px wide x 90px tall – $250 per month
- Leaderboard, article, 1 month, 728px wide x 90px tall – $145
- Leaderboard, article, 6 months, 728px wide x 90px tall – $130 per month
- Medium rectangle, run of site, 1 month, 300px widex 250px tall – $180
- Medium rectangle, run of site, 6 months, 300px wide x 250px tall – $160 per month
- Tall rectangle, run of site, 1 month, 300px wide x 600px tall – $300
- Tall rectangle, run of site, 6 months, 300px wide x 600px tall – $250 per month
- Contest Sponsorship – $250 per week
Many other custom sizes available. Contact: Dave Jackson, Advertising Sales | firstname.lastname@example.org | (207) 542-5801
NEW – Business Memberships
Business members support the Island Institute's programming and help strengthen island and coastal economies, enhance education and leadership opportunities, and partner with us to deliver and share solutions for sustainable communities. If you are a registered business, corporation, or a nonprofit organization, consider supporting our work through an Island Institute Business Membership.
- Event sponsorships
- Subscriptions to The Working Waterfront and Island Journal
- Advertising discounts
Please contact our Membership department with any questions – email email@example.com or call (207) 594-9209, ext. 113.
For questions regarding advertising discounts for business memberships, contact Dave Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 542-5801.