Archipelago Sales Associate (part-time, temporary)
Archipelago, the Island Institute’s retail store, seeks reliable, experienced candidates for a part-time, hourly (20-30 hours/week) sales position. The sales associate provides outstanding customer service to shoppers in a unique made-in-Maine shop and gallery setting. This temporary position starts immediately and ends on December 31, 2018.
2018 Summer Internship Program
Unpaid internships at the Island Institute provide opportunities for college students to learn more about careers in such fields as education, renewable energy and energy efficiency, climate change, community/economic development, publications/media, data management, development and more.
Benefits to students include:
- Gaining valuable learning and career experience under the guidance of an Island Institute mentor;
- Developing skills to match classroom-based theoretical learning;
- Making connections that can lead to future career and academic opportunities;
- Giving their résumés a boost with experiences relevant to career interests; and
- Assessing their interest and abilities to make more informed decisions about their next steps.
Current 2018 Internship Openings
The Education internship is an unpaid summer internship position focused on transferring, collecting, and updating data for existing Education projects and assisting in updating and creating new content for our website and social media. Apply online
The Events internship is an unpaid summer internship position focused on assisting with Island Institute summer events, both in planning and execution. Apply online
Information Management Internship
The Information Management internship is an unpaid summer internship position focused on assisting with Island Institute with data management that will make our database systems more useful to all users as we transition to a cloud-based version of our donor software. Apply online
Information Management Internship description