The 2018 Island Teachers Conference (ITC) will be held Thursday, October 4 to Friday, October 5, 2018 at the Hutchinson Center in Belfast, Maine.
Moving Forward Together
This year's conference theme is Moving Forward Together, and will feature a keynote address by Kate Leveille of MaineSpark, who will speak about the work of MaineSpark, including the Strong Foundations (for children birth–6th grade) and Future Success (for students from 6th grade through post-secondary education) tracks.
ITC is an annual conference for island and coastal educators, including teachers, administrators, and community partners. The purpose of the conference is to support island and coastal students and schools by providing high-quality, specially designed professional development for educators.
This year's event will offer three categories of professional development:
- Content specific, in-depth trainings (on Thursday)
- School-to-school and school-to-community collaborations
- Workshops and presentations (including offerings for administrators and school board members)
Thursday, October 4, 2018
- 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.: Dinner and a Movie - Resilience: The Biology of Stress and the Science of Hope
Friday, October 5, 2018
- 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.: Sign In, Workshop Sign-Ups, Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.: Welcoming Remarks, Keynote, Lightning Talks
- 8:50 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.: Keynote: Kate Leveille of MaineSpark
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.: Five Lightning Talks (5 slides, 5 minutes)
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.: Break
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.: Workshop Session 1*
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Workshop Session 2*
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.: Lunch
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Workshop Session 3*
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.: Final Closing, Evaluation, CEU Paperwork
* Click here for a preliminary list of workshop sessions and presenters.
For more information on the Island Teachers Conference, visit http://www.islandinstitute.org/program/education/itc.
If you have any questions regarding registration or this year's event, contact Yvonne Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.